SLS Free clear Soap Base : 11.5kg
This is a translucent soap base free from SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate), which some people find an irritant, but with the usual moisturising and cleaning properties. This does contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES).
Sale Sold out
Regular price £61.95
Regular priceUnit price per
|OK FOR VEGETARIANS/VEGANS||Yes|
|Tested on animals||No|
SLS Free Clear Soap Base is a vegetable based melt and pour soap and is made without SLS which some people can find to be an irritant. We do not describe this as a clear soap base as it has a rather hazy appearance. But it is still one of our most popular bases.
- a mild base as it does not contain SLS
- manufactured in the UK by Stephenson Group (as of September 2016).
- lots of bubbles and great value for money
- neutral odour meaning it takes fragrances well
- suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- a solid, well priced soap base that gives excellent results
- soapmakers of all experience as it is so easy to use
- it has a neutral odour meaning your fragrances and essential oils will give a true scent
- having lots of bubbles
- make sure you don't overstir the soap base as this will create bubbles which will be difficult to disperse
- test your fragrance in a small amount of soap base first as some fragrances can cause the base to go cloudy
- a quick spritz of isopropyl alcohol on the top will remove any surface bubbles
- please bear in mind it is not as clear as the usual transparent base so we don't describe it as a clear base. One of the properties of SLS is to give clarity so taking it out will reduce this. We have also found that the fragrance can make a difference to the clarity so it's really worth experimenting with a small quantity first
- do not overheat or you will remove the moisture from the soap
- this does contain SLES (sodium laureth sulphate). If you would prefer neither SLS nor SLES then this may not be the base for you.
We ship parcels and pallets to all of the UK
Find the MSDS information and technical data here
Have a question?
Take a look at the FAQ to see if we can answer your question
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.